Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Sweetest I Love You







This morning was so fun! We went to the church building and helped out with the children's club. Dominika was not there today becuase she was with her dad in another village. I was soo sad to miss her, but Swavek said she would probably be at the service in the morning. I found out that I was teaching the Bible lesson while the kids were eating breakfast. In my head I was thinking it was no problem because I have been teaching kids for so long. So I asked Swavek what the lesson plan was about. He told me they were teaching about paper...how paper was different when people were recording the bible,how they had to make their papyrus, ect. I can honestly say that I have never taught a lesson on that and, in fact, it has never even crossed my mind. So I had all of ten minutes to figure out how to teach children about this. It went just ok.
Gary came in as a clown and the kids loved it. We made balloon creations and painted faces. It is always amazing to see how God crosses culture barriers and knits hearts together. There was this sweet little girl named Natalia. She was probably four or five and she just latched on to me. She held on to my leg and then did something that absolutely melted my heart. She kissed me on the cheek and said in the best english she could...I love you. It was one of the sweetest 'I love yous' I have ever heard!

No comments:

Post a Comment